Monstercat is one of electronic music's most influential independent record labels. Founded in Canada in 2011, its mission has remained the same: to empower a creative and passionate community of artists and fans through innovation. Championing a cadre of world-renowned artists including Marshmello, Kaskade, Vicetone, and Slushii, Monstercat celebrated over 4 Billion audio streams in 2020 and exceeds 200 Million global audio streams monthly. With six releases per week across its Uncaged, Instinct, and Silk imprints, Monstercat has topped radio and streaming charts worldwide, offering a diverse range of genres including bass, dance, pop, house, chill, and electronic.
We are seeking a creative, progressive Head of Music Marketing to lead the Music Marketing department’s release planning and label services efforts. Reporting to the Marketing Director, the ideal candidate possesses knowledge of and experience within music industry marketing and promotions as well as passion for Electronic music & culture, and brings with them a flair for implementing creative, innovative campaigns.
What You’ll Do…
- Manage the release calendar and campaign timelines for releases across Monstercat’s brands: Instinct, Uncaged, and Silk.
- Support the Music Marketing team in developing and driving considered marketing plans for music releases and assist in long-term artist development for Monstercat artists.
- Orchestrate creative brainstorming sessions to drive 10X ideas and content marketing strategies in support of Monstercat artists and releases.
- Liaise with external stakeholders as well as Monstercat’s Music and Creative departments to identify, develop, and uphold the artists’ creative vision and goals for each release.
Team Management & Mentorship
- Provide guidance and mentorship to a team of music marketers, enabling them to reach their yearly key results and create roadmaps for their continuous professional development.
- Work with the Marketing Director to set annual department objectives for the Music Marketing team, and hold quarterly check-ins to align on the performance of each team member.
- Manage the Music Marketing yearly budget.
- Actively support the employee experience and company culture.
- Collaborate with the Head of Digital Marketing and team to execute novel fan acquisition campaigns across social, direct (email/SMS), and paid channels that advance Monstercat’s data collection and segmentation insights.
- Oversee the coordination of cross-functional efforts behind all priority releases (including Communications, Creative, Sync/Partnerships, Marketing, and Music), ensuring effective communication and collaboration from all stakeholders.
- Represent Monstercat’s music marketing team in artist signing discussions, 3rd party partner negotiations, and at Monstercat’s events.
- Lead the Music Marketing team in assessing Electronic music trends, consumer behaviour, and competitor research.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5+ years of experience in a Music marketing role for a record label, agency, or distribution service is a must. Experience working within, or passion for, the electronic music industry is a strong plus.
- 2+ years of experience leading and managing a team.
- Familiarity with record label departments, including Digital Marketing, Publicity/Promotions, Music/A&R, Creative, and Sync/Licensing.
- Proven track record of working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects, and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and strong oral and written communication ability. Must be adept at communicating creative concepts and projects to a wide range of audiences.
- Self-starter and flexible; able to quickly and calmly respond to evolving campaign parameters.
- A passion for redefining music culture as we know it today, particularly as it relates to emerging technologies.
- Diplomacy and negotiation skills, with a history of client management.
Why Join Monstercat? We offer the opportunity to…
- Work with smart, driven, and inspiring people in a fun and collaborative environment
- Work at the forefront of music innovation
- Enjoy a hybrid work environment - work a combination of remote and from our creative dog-friendly Railtown Vancouver office
- Utilize a comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Be creative & strategic
- Be rewarded with more opportunity and bi-annual company performance bonuses
How to Apply…
On our Monstercat careers website, click “Apply for this Job”. To be considered for this role, please include:
- Your resume
- A cover letter that helps us see why you are a great fit for this specific role
- A link to your portfolio, website or other criteria that exemplifies you as a marketing professional
We serve a global community and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. Women, Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, members of the LGBTQ2S+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.