Location: Vancouver, BC or Los Angeles, CA
Monstercat is looking for a resourceful and enthusiastic Talent Acquisition Manager to join our four-person People & Culture team. Monstercat is North America’s largest independent electronic music label. With 70 staff, we are growing across all three of our locations in Vancouver, Canada; L.A. California; and Singapore. In this role, you will be our sole in-house Talent Acquisition Manager owning the full recruitment process for all hires: everything from headhunting and creating candidate pools, to managing and optimizing the interview process to coaching managers on best practices. We’re looking for someone who can be a culture ambassador, giving candidates a great interview experience as well as a glimpse into our company values of community, integrity, curiosity, and tenacity. This role is a great fit for an autonomous, savvy, and personable Talent Acquisition Manager looking to join a small People & Culture team at a lively and growing music label supporting its mission to empower artist sustainability.
Success in this role looks like...
- The creation of solid talent pools to source from as resources require
- The ability to develop positive relationships with potential talent
- Shortlisting great candidates for each vacancy
- A favourable time to hire
- Managing and optimizing a clear and concise recruitment and interview process, including working closely with hiring managers to:
- Support with recruitment planning and strategy,
- Coach and train them on best recruitment practices,
- Determine relevant selection criteria,
- Support drafting job descriptions,
- Provide interview training to staff
- Conducting relevant reference checks
- Creating a great candidate experience that reflects our company values
- Supporting with employer brand initiatives, including identifying and attending industry and career events
- 5+ years’ experience in Talent Acquisition, within the music or entertainment industries, a major bonus
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with coaching managers on interviewing and streamlining recruitment processes
- Excellent knowledge of and hands-on experience with full-cycle recruiting using various interview techniques and evaluation methods
- Proven success filling hard-to-fill positions
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and HRIS platforms - we use Bamboo HR
- A keen understanding of the differences between various roles within organizations
- Familiarity with social media, resume databases and professional networks (e.g. Indeed, LinkedIn, Stack Overflow, Github)
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency in documenting processes and keeping up with industry trends
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Human Resources Management or another relevant field or equivalent experience
- Positive, proactive, methodical and tenacious!
Why join Monstercat? We offer the opportunity to…
- Work with smart, driven, and passionate people in a fun and collaborative environment
- Work at the forefront of music innovation
- Enjoy a hybrid work environment - work a combination of remote and from our creative dog-friendly Railtown Vancouver office or sleek West Hollywood Hills office
- Utilize a comprehensive health, dental, and vision benefits package
- Be creative & strategic
- Be rewarded with more opportunity and bi-annual company performance bonuses
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with offices in L.A., California and Singapore, Monstercat is North America’s largest independent electronic music label. We’ve mastered the art of innovation to award-winning levels - we connect an unparalleled roster of chart-topping artists with fans worldwide, all the while partnering music with distribution players and partnerships that maximize impact. Powered by a collection of creative music lovers and tech aficionados, we’ve successfully forged into the realms of events, apparel, and gaming with signature style.
How to Apply…
On our website, click “Apply for this Job”. To be considered for this role, please include:
We serve a global community and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. Women, Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, members of the LGBTQ2S+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.