Communications holds a pivotal role within Monstercat; as the central hub for our media & publicity relations, this team works directly with artists and managers to craft highly impactful narratives and content opportunities around music releases. Reporting to the Head of Communications, the Communications Manager will assist in the development and execution of strategic and effective communications for Monstercat’s music releases, live events, partnerships, and corporate initiatives, with a focus on developing and emerging talent. On a daily basis, you’ll write and distribute press releases, maintain media lists, present compelling targets, craft pitches, and deliver success reports across various campaigns, as well as play a key role in helping at live shows, festivals, photoshoots, interviews, networking events, meetings, and general needs at the LA Office.
What You’ll Do…
- Craft & distribute press releases for music releases
- Develop & execute PR campaigns for assigned artists, to include: research, targets, pitches, media opportunities, press releases, and success reports
- Liaise with Project Managers, A&Rs, and artist management teams to align on a narrative pre-release, deliver wins post-release, and analyze overall performance via Muck Rack.
- Regularly look for opportunities where Monstercat (brand, artists, staff) can expand its footprint in the global media & music industry landscape by monitoring trends, press stories, and industry happenings.
- Maintain and expand our media lists
- Continuously update our Thought Leadership list with conferences, awards, and honors, plugging deadlines into the calendar for each
- Handle administrative tasks such as Communications expenses, award submissions, weekly Monstercat Marketing newsletter updates, meeting schedules, and Asana projects when necessary
- Build emerging artists into established artists through captivating story-telling, strong media opportunities, and novel wins over time, that clearly narrate their career growth
- Assist in the creation of media plans to support Monstercat’s business goals, including ideating story angles, target writers & publications, and relevant industry topics & trends
- Build strong relationships with music, tech, gaming, business, and lifestyle journalists
- Maintain professionalism with artists and their teams, both across work communications, on social media, and at Monstercat events
- Act as a Monstercat representative and artist liaison when attending live shows, festivals, office events, and PR engagements such as photo shoots, interviews, and partner meetings
- 2-3 years experience in Public Relations
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or relevant field
- Excellent writing skills
- A growing list of media contacts and relationships in the music space
- Deadline-oriented, inquisitive, with great follow-up and reporting skills
- Ability to track and evaluate placement success using relevant PR metrics
- Clearly convey press opportunities and requirements to internal and external teams
- Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to multi-task 3-5 campaigns each month
- A passion for the music industry is imperative; a love for electronic music, gaming, and/or content creation is a plus
Why join Monstercat? We offer the opportunity to…
- Work with smart, driven, and passionate people in a fun and collaborative environment
- Work at the forefront of music innovation
- Be rewarded with more opportunity
- Utilize a comprehensive health, dental, and vision benefits package
- Work a flexible work week, currently from home and from our creative dog-friendly Railtown Vancouver office with freshly ground coffee, a fully stocked kitchen, and regular company events
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with offices in L.A., California and Singapore, Monstercat is North America’s largest independent electronic music label. We’ve mastered the art of innovation to award-winning levels - we connect an unparalleled roster of chart-topping artists with fans worldwide, all the while partnering music with distribution players and partnerships that maximize impact. Powered by a collection of creative music lovers and tech aficionados, we’ve successfully forged into the realms of events, apparel, and gaming with signature style.
How to Apply…
On our website, click “Apply for this Job”. To be considered for this role, please include:
We serve a global community and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. Women, Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, members of the LGBTQ2S+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.