As the Events Manager, you work hand in hand with the Head of Events to ideate, plan, and execute Monstercat activations of all shapes and sizes, from industry mixers to major festival stages. You can manage multiple projects on multiple timelines in multiple countries without missing a beat, while coordinating teams both internally and externally to make sure each event runs smoothly from conception to tear down. You are comfortable wearing many hats, including talent buying, production design, staffing logistics, sponsor management, marketing, design, and accounting. You are organized and can work independently without needing constant instruction on what to do next.
What You’ll Do…
- Create and implement event plans based on new opportunities developed by the Head of Events, Marketing, and Partnerships teams.
- Coordinate teams within Monstercat, along with external teams at venues, agencies, and management companies, to keep events on schedule and running smoothly.
- Diligently utilize project management software in real-time to ensure each event is planned out from A to Z.
- Maintain event budgets, manage invoices, and follow payment schedules to ensure financial success and accuracy.
- Use critical thinking to identify and enact workarounds to major roadblocks, both anticipated and otherwise.
- Travel to our events worldwide, as needed, to ensure world-class event execution that lives up to and expands upon Monstercat’s brand and reputation.
- Work with promoter and artist partners to craft marketing timelines and campaigns around their events to amplify key moments in their campaigns (such as lineup announcements and on-sales).
- Clearly communicate marketing timelines and campaigns to the Monstercat Marketing department, and ensure teams are on track to hit each deadline and deliverable.
- Work with Design to craft on-brand marketing materials, and ensure said materials are approved by third parties as needed.
- Maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders across the music industry and identify potential new opportunities within existing partnerships and accounts.
- Ensure the satisfaction of third party partners such as event sponsors and artist teams to maintain Monstercat’s world-class reputation within the entertainment industry.
- Identify any potential pain points in b2b (business to business) relationships and communicate them to the Head of Events.
Skills and Experience…
- 3+ years of experience working in ticketed concert promotion and production with internationally recognized brands.
- Preexisting knowledge of and relationships with major talent agencies, and familiarity with the talent buying process and how to write an offer sheet.
- Proven track record of working independently on multiple large-scale projects comfortably.
- Efficient organization skills, and strong Excel/Google Sheets skills required.
- Passion for live music and attending events from showcases to major festivals is a must.
- Active passport with the ability and enthusiasm to travel as liaison for Monstercat events.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to maintain calm and composure, even in the face of adversity.
Why Join Monstercat? We offer the opportunity to…
- Work with smart, driven, and inspiring people in a fun and collaborative environment
- Work at the forefront of music innovation
- Enjoy a hybrid work environment - work a combination of remote and from our creative dog-friendly Railtown Vancouver or Los Angeles office
- Utilize a comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Be creative & strategic
- Be rewarded with more opportunity and bi-annual company performance bonuses
How to Apply…
On our Monstercat careers website, click “Apply for this Job”. To be considered for this role, please include:
We serve a global community and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. Women, Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, members of the LGBTQ2S+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.