Are you equally passionate about high-quality technology and supporting people to use it efficiently? Do you have a knack for finding glitches and solutions as well as turning technical language into layman's terms? Would you like to help enable a company that empowers creatives and supplies the world with great dance music? This might be the role for you!
Monstercat is looking for a quality assurance tester & technical support specialist to be responsible for the assurance of high-quality software. This includes testing, debugging, and assessing various technical problems from internal and external users to provide and maintain a first-class experience.
What You’ll Do…
- Test & debug technology products using tools such as browser debugging tools, CLI programs, testing suites, CI/CD, etc.
- Write integration & unit tests using backend and frontend frameworks such as Cypress.
- Setup and maintain testing environments utilizing automation tools and CI/CD
- Work with the technology team to resolve software bugs and provide patches
- Assure the quality of products is up to company standards
- Monitor active projects to ensure uptime & performance is met
- Report, investigate, and document technical issues via bug reports
- Promptly respond to internal and external technology support enquiries, including emergency inquires out of hours
- Educate the company and external users about how to use products and feature updates
- 1-3 years of previous QA and technical support experience or similar experience
- Experience in QA methodology
- A flair for customer service and effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- The ability to clearly communicate technical information to all levels of technical aptitude
- Proven ability to troubleshoot, investigate, and debug software issues to provide greater insight for developers while filing bug reports
- Experience using ticketing systems such as Asana, JIRA, Clubhouse, Trello, etc
- Basic understanding of Git and command line programs
- Technical understanding of computer systems and environments (MacOS, Windows, Linux)
- A collaborative team player
- Great attention to detail, an analytical mind, and a problem-solving aptitude
- Experience using Cypress or Selenium (please indicate this in your resume if you have this experience)
- SQL knowledge & experience
Why join Monstercat? We offer the opportunity to…
- Work with smart, driven, and passionate people in a fun and collaborative environment
- Work at the forefront of music innovation
- Be creative & strategic
- Be rewarded with more opportunity and bi-annual company performance bonuses
- Work a flexible work week currently at home but when public safety regulations allow it… in our creative Railtown Vancouver office with freshly ground coffee, a fully stocked kitchen, and regular company events
- Utilize a comprehensive health and dental benefits package
Monstercat is Canada’s largest independent electronic music label. From the heart of downtown Vancouver, we’ve mastered the art of innovation to award-winning levels. We connect an unparalleled roster of chart-topping artists with fans worldwide, all the while partnering music with distribution players and partnerships that maximize impact. Powered by a collection of creative music lovers and tech aficionados, we’ve successfully forged into the realms of events, apparel, and gaming with signature style.
How to Apply…
On our website, click “Apply for this Job”. To be considered for this role, please include:
- Your resume
- Link to your Github, portfolio, and anything else you feel exemplifies you as a technical support professional