Location: Remote within Canada.
The Data Analyst is responsible for managing all aspects of royalty reporting and analysis, in order to produce reports and provide meaningful recommendations. Reporting to the Head of Digital, this role takes ownership of querying, spotting patterns, and providing recommendations as well as information to relevant team members to help inform their business decisions. This role will work closely with their manager and peers to ensure that the business has visibility into royalty data as to inform strategy.
- Perform database queries and automate tasks using Python where possible
- Producing meaningful reports regarding music consumption and copyright revenue, analyzing the data and providing recommendations to inform business decisions
- Suggest improvements to digital supply chain, royalty processing, and database to increase efficiency and visibility into data
- Audit, diagnose, and resolve errors and suggest improvements
- Other duties, as required
Skills and Experience….
- Min 2 years’ previous experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst
- Technical expertise in data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- 2+ years of SQL experience
- Preferred: BigQuery, PostgreSQL
- Intermediate to advanced querying (joins, subqueries, common table expressions)
- Design and creation of views and materialized views
- Query performance optimization
- 2+ years of Tableau experience
- Dashboard creation/maintenance
- Data visualization best practices
- Calculated fields (level of detail expressions, aggregate functions, window functions, statistical functions)
- Data source publishing and monitoring
- Tableau Online site administration
- 2+ years of Python experience
- Preferred libraries: Pandas, Requests
- Data transformation/manipulation
- General scripting for task automation
- 2+ years of data analysis/wrangling experience
- Preferred: financial and music streaming data
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings and complex information in a simplified way to various audiences
- Strong attention to detail
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics, an asset
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with offices in L.A., California and Singapore, Monstercat is North America’s largest independent electronic music label. We’ve mastered the art of innovation to award-winning levels - we connect an unparalleled roster of chart-topping artists with fans worldwide, all the while partnering music with distribution players and partnerships that maximize impact. Powered by a collection of creative music lovers and tech aficionados, we’ve successfully forged into the realms of events, apparel, and gaming with signature style.
How to Apply…
On our website, click “Apply for this Job”. To be considered for this role, please include:
We serve a global community and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. Women, Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, members of the LGBTQ2S+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.