Monstercat is looking for an enthusiastic Office Manager to join our People & Culture team. This is a role for someone who loves to play host and create welcoming spaces for people. Our ideal fit loves to be around people and has a knack for bringing them together – you are likely the person in your friend group who is always making the group plans.
In this role, you will be responsible for curating the overall office experience at Monstercat. We are a hybrid work environment with staff working from home, a coffee shop at one of our three offices - Vancouver; Los Angeles and soon to be Singapore. This role will be based out of our headquarters (HQ) in Railtown and you will be expected to be in our office weekly to create a welcoming experience for all staff. You will ensure all office locations are stocked, maintained, and always look great. You will also support the wider People & Culture team with various culture activations and generally ensuring an awesome employee experience.
- Curate a great employee experience by managing the Monstercat office operations, including but limited to:
- Order/maintain office supplies, food and drink, equipment, hardware, office keys/fobs, etc.
- Manage external office stakeholders and suppliers - cleaners, maintenance, property managers, etc.
- Ensure office health & safety requirements are met and adhered to.
- HQ Office: ensure the offices, meeting rooms, and kitchen are tidy and stocked, organize supplies, receive deliveries, etc.
- HQ Office: greet visitors and carry out office tours when required
- LA Office: manage room bookings, ensure the office is stocked for events, etc.
- Manage lease renewals and implement office policy updates
- Develop bi-annual office experience strategies to improve staff attendance and stakeholder experience
- Various administrative tasks, as needed, including but not limited to:
- Errands for office supplies and culture activations
- Document coordination/admin including grant applications
- Meeting coordination (both in-person and virtually)
- Travel and accommodation booking support
- Oversee adherence to office policies and procedures
- IT support, including hardware ordering and repairs, ensuring the meeting room equipment is working and training staff of how to use it, etc
- Support the People & Culture Generalist with regular culture activity planning & coordination
Skill and Experience…
- Previous experience as an office coordinator, executive/personal assistant, or event planner
- Positive, up-beat, people person, even when things get stressful
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, able to meet deadlines
- Enjoys planning events and helping other people be organized
- A “can-do” attitude and up for any challenge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within a budget and accurately reconcile spending
Additional Requirements for this Role…
- B.C. Driver’s Licence and access to a car or carshare membership - you will be required to run errands in this role
- Be able to work from our Railtown office weekly
Why Join Monstercat? We offer the opportunity to…
- Work with smart, driven, and inspiring people in a fun and collaborative environment
- Work at the forefront of music innovation
- Be creative & strategic
- Be rewarded with more opportunity and bi-annual company performance bonuses
- Work a from our creative dog-friendly Railtown Vancouver office with freshly ground coffee, breakfast/lunch options, and regular company events
- Utilize a comprehensive health and dental benefits package
Monstercat is Canada’s largest independent electronic music label. From the heart of downtown Vancouver, we’ve mastered the art of innovation to award-winning levels. We connect an unparalleled roster of chart-topping artists with fans worldwide, all the while partnering music with distribution players and partnerships that maximize impact. Powered by a collection of creative music lovers and tech aficionados, we’ve successfully forged into the realms of events, apparel, and gaming with signature style.
How to Apply…
On our Monstercat careers website, click “Apply for this Job”. To be considered for this role, please include:
We serve a global community and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. Women, Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, members of the LGBTQ2S+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.