Is Electronic music the fuel for your creative vision? Monstercat is looking for an enthusiastic multidisciplinary content creator with experience generating static and video content for social media / content marketing. Our ideal candidate is optimistic, innovative, and has a natural curiosity for new and innovative mediums for content marketing. Reporting to the Head of Creative Production, this role will ideate and execute on campaign briefs, strategies, and asset development for cross-departmental initiatives. This is an all-encompassing position that will allow you to flex your creativity and develop original content that contributes to the overall brand vision of Monstercat. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, passionate about art, is collaborative, and has a keen eye for detail.
*This is a part-time position with a remote work option (must be available to commute to Vancouver for meetings and content capture as needed).
What You’ll Do…
- Work closely with the Marketing team and other internal stakeholders to ideate and deliver organic campaign concepts that support Monstercat’s music, merch, events, and partnership priorities across digital and experiential channels.
- Provide support in creating innovative digital advertisements for music, brand, and events priorities that engage fans.
- Develop livestream, long- and short-form content clips/series customized to specific channels and verticals - including YouTube/Shorts, Instagram/Reels, TikTok and Twitch.
Content Capture & Editing
- Participate in the conceptualization, capture, and editing of music-related content including photo shoots, music videos, filmed interviews, and EPKs.
- Support the Live Programming and Events teams with content capture at Monstercat’s branded events, supporting live and on-demand content requirements.
- Liaise with respective team members to stay informed when artists and notable individuals are in town to capture content, execute photo and video coverage of these occurrences for social placement, track releases, and future repurposed content.
- Partner with the Creative Director and Creative team to build and optimize compelling, multi-channel marketing campaigns using multi-disciplinary means, including motion graphics, illustration, and 3D design.
- Research and share industry trends, leveraging Monstercat’s data insights to develop relevant and impactful content for our audiences.
- Uphold Monstercat’s brand standards with expert QC and attention to detail.
- Located in the Vancouver area
- 3+ years professional videography and video editing experience
- 3+ years professional photography and photo editing (Lightroom, Photoshop) experience
- Ability to manage time effectively to anticipate deadlines
- Great attention to detail and a passion for producing quality work
- Experience shooting content for a DJ, musician, or music event - a bonus
- Experience shooting content for a lifestyle brand - an asset
- Experience in motion graphics - a bonus
Why Join Monstercat? We offer the opportunity to…
- Work with smart, driven, and inspiring people in a fun and collaborative environment
- Work at the forefront of music innovation
- Enjoy a hybrid work environment - work a combination of remote and from our creative dog-friendly Railtown Vancouver office with freshly ground coffee, breakfast/lunch options, and regular company events
- Utilize a comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Be creative & strategic
- Be rewarded with more opportunity and bi-annual company performance bonuses
Monstercat is Canada’s largest independent electronic music label. From the heart of downtown Vancouver, we’ve mastered the art of innovation to award-winning levels. We connect an unparalleled roster of chart-topping artists with fans worldwide, all the while partnering music with distribution players and partnerships that maximize impact. Powered by a collection of creative music lovers and tech aficionados, we’ve successfully forged into the realms of events, apparel, and gaming with signature style.
How to Apply…
On our Monstercat careers website, click “Apply for this Job”. To be considered for this role, please include:
- Your resume
- A link to your portfolio, website or other criteria that exemplifies you as a creative content producer
We serve a global community and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. Women, Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, members of the LGBTQ2S+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.