Monstercat is looking for an organized, enthusiastic Head of Events to operate out of our Vancouver or LA office. The Head of Events is responsible for conceptualizing, executing, and marketing novel experiences that achieve brand visibility and engagement with fans, as well as supporting the development and management of the Events team. A key success factor for this role is managing relationships with major stakeholders, namely artists, management, agents, promoters, and business sponsors, always ensuring that all receive great value and a positive experience from working with Monstercat.
What You’ll Do…
- Champion, plan, and oversee the execution of Monstercat’s Events strategy, ensuring effective execution with the Events team & interdepartmental Heads/Leads.
- Create profitable event models for global events.
- Manage the yearly Events budget and quarterly department objectives.
- Nurture a contact list of promoters, agents, festivals, sponsors, and experiential partners to develop opportunities in the Events space.
- Build relationships with non-traditional event partners & channels, exploring AR, VR, and other technological outlets for live performances.
- Liaise with artists and their respective management teams to present opportunities for live performances and tours.
- Lead the ideation, planning and execution of large event properties such as arena events, our annual block party/festival, and select corporate events.
- Work closely with the Marketing Director and Creative team to align events around production, custom visuals, and stage decor that fits the brand aesthetic.
- Manage the hiring of contractors, and oversee them onsite to ensure proper execution of events.
- Develop marketing and fan engagement strategies for all events.
- Procure custom merchandise and event-brand materials for live & digital events.
- Oversee the administration of event-related payments and accounting.
- Lead and develop the Monstercat Events department, coaching for improved performance.
- Manage day-to-day Events team members, providing them weekly actionable goals.
- Represent the Monstercat brand at concerts, activations, conferences, and professional networking events.
- 5+ years of experience booking and/or running live events, tour management, experiential events, or equivalent experience
- Strong attention to detail and thoroughness
- Good existing knowledge of the Electronic music scene, including familiarity with bass and melodic electronic artists
- Existing relationships with promoters, agencies, managers, and talent
- Prior experience working within the global electronic music scene and/or experience managing events in multiple countries a plus
- Able to travel internationally (must have passport)
Why Join Monstercat? We offer the opportunity to…
- Work with smart, driven, and inspiring people in a fun and collaborative environment
- Work at the forefront of music innovation
- Enjoy a hybrid work environment - work a combination of remote and from our creative dog-friendly Railtown Vancouver office or West Hollywood Hills L.A. office
- Utilize a comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Be creative & strategic
- Be rewarded with more opportunity and bi-annual company performance bonuses
Monstercat is Canada’s largest independent electronic music label. From the heart of downtown Vancouver, we’ve mastered the art of innovation to award-winning levels. We connect an unparalleled roster of chart-topping artists with fans worldwide, all the while partnering music with distribution players and partnerships that maximize impact. Powered by a collection of creative music lovers and tech aficionados, we’ve successfully forged into the realms of events, apparel, and gaming with signature style.
How to Apply…
On our Monstercat careers website, click “Apply for this Job”. To be considered for this role, please include:
- Your resume
- A cover letter that helps us see why you are a great fit for this specific role
- A link to your portfolio, website or other criteria that exemplifies you as an events professional
We serve a global community and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. Women, Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, members of the LGBTQ2S+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.