Are you an Electronic music fan passionate about artist discovery and promotion? Monstercat is looking for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented Music Marketing Specialist to join its Music Marketing team in Vancouver! In this newly created role, you’ll work directly with artists and management camps to provide support and marketing strategy for releases label-wide.
As the Music Marketing Specialist, you’ll manage the scheduling, coordination, and logistics for a roster of artists & music releases - including overseeing digital marketing, creative design, and promotion efforts. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, creative thinker, and embrace data analytics.
What you’ll do...
Artist Relations / Communication
- Build strong working relationships with artists and their management teams, constructing release plans and delivering performance reports.
- Work cross-functionally with internal departments including Design, Digital Marketing, Music, Streaming and Radio, Partnerships, and Communications to align on release plans and ensure deliverables are received in a timely manner.
- Ensure all public-facing assets and communications are in line with Monstercat’s brand identities.
- Represent Monstercat at artist events, concerts, conferences, and activations.
- Schedule, develop and implement omnichannel release campaigns and strategies in line with Monstercat’s and the artists’ objectives.
- Compile release notes, marketing copy, and timelines for upcoming releases.
- Ensure timely delivery and distribution of release assets and information, both internally and externally.
- Manage budgets and invoicing for releases.
Analytics & Reporting
- Use data from DSPs and Monstercat’s analytics tools to monitor release performance and flag upward streaming trends.
- Evaluate the growth and engagement of artist’s official channels, using data to inform future content marketing strategies for social, community, and direct messaging.
- Conduct competitor analysis, remaining up to date on Electronic Music trends and sharing new opportunities with internal teams.
- Bachelor’s degree, Diploma, or Certificate in Marketing/Communications, or a combination of education, training, and experience.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are a must.
- Strong organizational skills initiative required.
- A love of music is essential, experience or expertise in Electronic music culture a strong plus.
Why join Monstercat? We offer the opportunity to…
- Work with smart, driven, and inspiring people in a fun and collaborative environment
- Work at the forefront of music innovation
- Be creative & strategic
- Be rewarded with more opportunity and bi-annual company performance bonuses
- Work a flexible work week both from home and from our creative Railtown Vancouver office (hybrid work environment) with freshly ground coffee, a fully stocked kitchen, a dog-friendly office, and regular company events (when safe to do so)
- Utilize a comprehensive health and dental benefits package
Monstercat is Canada’s largest independent electronic music label. From the heart of downtown Vancouver, we’ve mastered the art of innovation to award-winning levels. We connect an unparalleled roster of chart-topping artists with fans worldwide, all the while partnering music with distribution players and partnerships that maximize impact. Powered by a collection of creative music lovers and tech aficionados, we’ve successfully forged into the realms of events, apparel, and gaming with signature style.
How to Apply…
On our Monstercat careers website, click “Apply for this Job”. To be considered for this role, please include:
- Your resume
- A cover letter or personal statement
We serve a global community and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. Women, Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, members of the LGBTQ2S+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.